Marlow OK National Guard Armory
“The Marlow National Guard Armory is located at 702 W. Main, in a residential area. It was constructed by the WPA, beginning on November 7, 1935, carrying through 1936, being completed in January 1937. It was dedicated during a fierce snowstorm on April 1, 1937.
This is a one-story red brick armory with cast concrete detailing…
Near the front entrance is a stone block reading “State Armory/Built by Works Progress Administration/1936/W.S. Key/State Administrator.” At the northwest and northeast corners of the building are concrete blocks reading “Built by WPA 1936.”
When constructed it was the home of the 1st Battalion, 158th Field Artillery, Battery C. At the time of placement on the Register it was still in use by the National Guard and was home to Battery B, 171st Field Artillery, 45th Infantry Brigade, 35th Infantry Division.” (http://www.waymarking.com)
Project originally submitted by hamquilter on November 9, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE