Haskell National Guard Armory
This national guard armory was constructed by the WPA in 1934-36. It is no longer in use, though as of 2012, the building was still standing.
The Armory is constructed of native stone cut into irregular size blocks. It is rectangular, 141×120 feet with a front facade with large columns of stone flanking the entrance in a deco modern style. A large portion of the roof has a round vaulting. It is currently being used for storage.
Oklahoma Historic Preservation Survey, Oklahoma State University, Muskogee County.
Project originally submitted by The Living New Deal on May 19, 2015.
Additional contributions by Charles Swaney.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE