In 1941, the Works Progress Administration (WPA) completed work on a National Guard armory designed by Edd Gregg. The building is a poured, 2-story modern Deco style building with both horizontal and vertical elements on the front façade. It has been repurposed for use by the local YMCA. A barrel vault over the gymnasium is visible at the rear.
Kate Carothers, Kentucky Heritage Council -- Report No. 25, "Inventory and Evaluation of National Guard Armories in the State of Kentucky" (1999)
Project originally submitted by Charles Swaney on June 19, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE