Murdoch Hall, part of the old Jersey City Medical Center complex, was constructed with the provision of federal Public Works Administration (PWA) funds. Constructed between 1940 and 1941, the Art Moderne-style building originally served as a nurses’ residence, became a county-run healthcare facility, and is now privately owned.
Further architectural description can be found in the National Register of Historic Places nomination form cited below.
National Register of Historic Places: http://pdfhost.focus.nps.gov/docs/NRHP/Text/85003057.pdf http://www.njcu.edu/programs/jchistory/pages/m_pages/Medical_Center_Complex.htm
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on January 1, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE