Waco, Texas’s Municipal Stadium was constructed in 1936 as a federal Public Works Administration (PWA) project. The stadium is located at the northwest corner of S. 15th St. and Dutton Ave.
The PWA provided a $39,000 loan and $16,000 grant; the total cost of the project was $58,133. Construction occurred between May and October 1936.
(PWA Docket No. TX 6075)
National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 181.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on November 3, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE