Casper Community Golf Club: Clubhouse
The Civil Works Administration (CWA) and Federal Emergency Relief Administration (FERA) conducted improvement / development work at Casper’s municipal golf course, also known as the Casper Community Club. The work was described in a newspaper article as “municipal golf club-house and fairways.”
Casper Star-Tribune, March 3, 1935: “The new Casper Community club golf house was built at a cost of $21,047. In addition, nine supplementary greens were constructed on the course.”
Based on recent imagery Living New Deal believes the clubhouse is no longer extant.
Casper Star-Tribune, January 22, 1935 (pg. 10): https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/348114532/
"Casper Community Club's New Building Is Open," Casper Star-Tribune, Feb. 11, 1935 (pg. 4): https://www.newspapers.com/clip/22656699/s959/
"CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES COSTING $700,000 PROVE COMMUNITY ASSET IN 1934," Casper Star-Tribune, March 3, 1935 (pg. 27): https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/348227545/
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on May 25, 2022.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE