This building was constructed by the WPA in 1940:
“A rectangular…structure, the Skiatook Municipal Building looks very much like an armory. It is constructed of dressed and lightly rusticated native sandstone laid randomly…It appears to be a military armory, but it was planned and has always been utilized as a municipal facility.” (www.okhistory.org)
The building is currently occupied by the town Police Department.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE