Pleasantville Municipal Building
Pleasantville, Pennsylvania’s historic stone Municipal Building was constructed as a federal public works project during the Great Depression. The building, which opened in 1935, is still in service.
Credit is alternatively given to the Works Progress Administration (WPA) or Public Works Administration (PWA), depending on one’s sources, though it is possible the Federal Emergency Relief Administration (FERA) assisted with the building’s construction.
Building plaque http://venango.pa-roots.com/pleasantville8.html http://www.newspapers.com/newspage/48539933/ http://www.newspapers.com/newspage/10127415/
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on September 7, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE