Lehighton, Pennsylvania’s historic Municipal Building was built in 1936. Its construction was enabled by the provision of federal Public Works Administration (PWA) funds. The PWA provided a $20,455 grant for the project, whose total cost was $47,764. Construction occurred between Feb. and Sept. 1936.
PWA Docket No. PA W1312
National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 33.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on September 7, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE