Aberdeen’s Municipal Ballpark, a.k.a. Pheasant Park, was constructed in 1936, competed as a Works Progress Administration (WPA) project. The facility rebuilt in 1954 and demolished in 1975. The exact location of the since-demolished ballpark is unknown to Living New Deal.
The New York Times: "ROOSEVELT FINDS WPA AID CHEERING DROUGHT REGIONS," Aug. 29, 1936 (pg. 1)
http://www.digitalballparks.com/Northern/Aberdeen.html (accessed Apr. 2018)
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on April 3, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE