Two identical dorm buildings: Muller Hall and North Hall, were constructed at the same time as part of a federal Public Works Administration (P.W.A.) project. The P.W.A. supplied a $65,454 grant for the project, whose total cost was $145,454.
Muller Hall was originally constructed as a women’s dormitory, and it is located at the intersection of Eagle Blvd. and Aggie Ave. Specifically, it is at the southeast corner of this intersection, facing along Aggie Ave., kitty corner from North Hall (which fronts the north side of Eagle Blvd.)
“Because Muller Hall had fallen into disrepair, Panhandle State College (PSC) closed the building in 1973. In the 1990’s, Oklahoma Panhandle State University (OPSU) refurbished Muller Hall and outfitted it as fitness center for students and staff. Currently, the building houses the public information office which produces the weekly campus newspaper, The Collegian; the college yearbook, The Plainsman; and press releases.”
“These two identical buildings were constructed in 1938 with funding granted by the Public Works Administration and with self-liquidating bonds.”
P.W.A. Project No. OK [X]1267
National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 177.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on February 5, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE