Vista House in the snow
The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) worked to develop Mount Spokane State Park during the 1930s. In addition to other improvements the CCC constructed the park’s historic Vista House.
“The Vista House was constructed in 1933 by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) as “an excellent example of the naturalistic design principles that the CCC inherited from the National Park Service” in which “stone and timber structures were meant to emerge from their surroundings as if they were expressions of the site”.”
http://www.mtspokane.com/lodges David M. Hansen, Cultural Resources Management Plan: Buildings and Structures, Mount Spokane State Park, 2001, p. 17
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on March 25, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE