Drew Athletic Field was constructed behind the school in the late 1930s. Dorland Street was removed to make room for the field. The October 3, 1938 edition of the Daily Pacific Builder reported that $65,000 in PWA funds had been allotted for the project.
National Archives and Records Administration, Box 676-677, Reel 8095-8096
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE