Miller County Courthouse
This Moderne-style of Art Deco courthouse was completed in 1939 by the WPA. The architect was E. C. Seibert, whose firm helped design the U. S. Post Office and Courthouse located in downtown Texarkana in 1931. Seibert was mayor of Texarkana at the time he designed and supervised construction of the Miller County Courthouse.
Arkansas Historical Preservation Project. Retrieved from http://www.arkansaspreservation.com/historic-properties/_search_nomination_popup.aspx?id=4. National Register of Historic Places. Retrieved from nationalregisterofhistoricplaces.com/AR/Miller/state.html. Rowe, B. J. (n. d.) Miller County. Encyclopedia of Arkansas History and Culture. Retrieved from http://www.encyclopediaofarkansas.net/encyclopedia/entry-detail.aspx?entryID=790.
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on January 14, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE