Middle School - Morgan UT
The Morgan Middle School contains a building that was formerly named the Morgan High School Mechanical Arts Building. A new high school was built one block east of this site, but the Morgan Middle School still uses the building.
The Works Progress Administration (WPA) built the building in 1936 as part of a $155,000 Public Works Administration (PWA) building program in the Morgan County School District. Also included in the project was the construction of the Morgan Elementary School and extensive remodeling at Morgan High School.
The architects of the building are not known for certain but are likely Scott & Welch of Salt Lake City, who are known to have designed the Elementary School, which was constructed at the same time in the identical style.
Project originally submitted by Richard Walker on August 27, 2016.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE