Metropolitan Station Post Office
Brooklyn, New York’s Metropolitan Station post office (originally known as Station A) was constructed with Treasury Department funds in 1935-6. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1988, the building is “a two-story, flat roofed brick building with a three bay wide central pavilion flanked by three bay wide wings in the Colonial Revival style.”
U.S. Post Offices in New York State, 1858-1943. National Register of Historic Places.
Post office cornerstone
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on November 2, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE