Mesker Park Retaining Wall
About 12″ high on inside, top 2′ regular finish. Stone wall on outside 4′ high, on inside depending on topography can be as much as 12′ high, wall used as fence from outside and to define outside boarder, also section used as retaining wall for dirt embankment for St. Joseph Ave, well is 2′ high with small sharp stones embedded in top, built at locally, grained limestone sot with mortar, smooth finish side except for top 2′ on the inside which is rough, St. Joseph and Buchanan where the wall turns 90 degree, there is a sq stone pier 5×5 which is 1′ higher than the wall, there is an iron grate on the top of this. Built by Works Progress Administration (WPA) & Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) in 1938.
DNR Historic Site and Structures Inventory; Knox Co Interim Report
Project originally submitted by Indiana DNR, Division of Historic Preservation and Archaeology on September 8, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE