Photo on project report card for Mt Pleasant Armory in National Archives
The Utah National Guard was funded by the New Deal to built several armories. One of those is in Mount Pleasant. The exact year of construction is unknown to us..
“During the 1930s, UTNG used federal money, often supplied through the Works Progress Administration (WPA), to build or expand a number of UTNG facilities. The WPA funded eight armories and several garage and storage areas for the UTNG. By 1940, 13 armories were in use by the Utah Guard including [Mt. Pleasant].
The building is now utilized by the city of Mt. Pleasant as its Recreation Center, a.k.a. Memorial Hall.
Mount Pleasant National Guard Armory report of the Utah State Historical Society Historic Preservation Research Office, 1986
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on November 24, 2016.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE