McLean Junior High School, Fort Worth, TX
This building was originally known as W. P. McLean Junior High when it opened in 1936. It was designed by Fort Worth architect Wiley G. Clarkson and built by James T. Taylor with financing through the Public Works Administration (PWA). The one- and two-story Mediterranean Revival design included Art Deco motifs. Fort Worth’s tremendous growth in the post-World War II years resulted in the school beginning transformed to R. L. Paschal Senior High School in 1955. The 1930s school has been greatly obscured by successive additions to the high school.
"Eight Decades of School Construction: Historic Resources of the Fort Worth Independent School District, 1892-1961," City of Fort Worth. pp. 34-35.
Project originally submitted by Steven and Susan Kline on January 6, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE