The Friendly Shelter is located at McCormick’s Creek. It was completed by Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) laborers in 1935. The style of the shelter is classified as Parks Rustic.
DNR Historic Site and Structures Inventory
Project originally submitted by Indiana DNR, Division of Historic Preservation and Archaeology on September 22, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE