The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) Recreation Center was used as a library and mess hall. It was abandoned after the CCC camp relocated. Works Progress Administration (WPA) workers remodeled the building and created a nature museum. The nature museum opened up to the public in 1936.
People, Parks, and Perceptions: A History and Appreciation of Indiana State Parks by Glory-June Greiff, DNR survey report of McCormick's Creek State Park
Project originally submitted by Indiana DNR, Division of Historic Preservation and Archaeology on September 22, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE