Maxon RoadPleasant ranching countryside. Photo: Andrew Laverdiere, March 20, 2018, © Creative Commons BY-NC-ND
Out of many small projects for Fresno County that came out of a Civil Works Administration expenditure of $10,548, was a project for “widening the Mason Road” briefly mentioned in the March 3, 1933 Clovis Independent.
Note: The road is named after Charles N. Maxson, who in 1892 settled an 800-acre homestead located at the junction of Trimmer Road and a wagon trail leading to Watts Valley.
March 3, 1933 issue of the Clovis Independent
Project originally submitted by Andrew Laverdiere on March 22, 2018.