Maxcy College, a dormitory building on the University of South Carolina campus in Columbia, SC, was built in 1937, “part of an extensive building program on campus launched in the late 1930s as part of the New Deal. Originally planned as a student union building, Maxcy College and new wings at Thornwell College were erected at a cost of $225,000, a portion of which was paid for by the Public Works Administration. For some years the building housed administrative offices.”
The building is located at the north end of campus along Pendleton St. across from Marion St.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on September 13, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE