Martin State Forest Shelter House
Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) workers completed the shelter house in 1934. The shelter is commonly known as “Tower Hill Shelter House.” The shelter consists of 2 sandstone fireplaces and cooking surfaces. The structure is classified as parks rustic with craftsmen details.
DNR Historic Site and Structures Inventory
Project originally submitted by Indiana DNR, Division of Historic Preservation and Archaeology on September 30, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE