Martin State Forest Fire Tower
The 1934 Dept. of Conservation Annual Report indicated that the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) completed “1 lookout tower.” The CCC constructed fire towers on steel frameworks to help protect the new plantings and existing forests. The fire tower at Martin State Forest was completed in in 1933. The tower was constructed of steel and stands about 100′ tall. At the base of the fire tower are a pair of stone gateposts.
DNR Historic Site and Structures Inventory
Project originally submitted by Indiana DNR, Division of Historic Preservation and Archaeology on September 30, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE