Laredo, Texas’s historic Martin High School was constructed as a federal Public Works Administration (PWA) project during the Great Depression. The building is still in use today.
The PWA supplied a $250,000 loan and $101,853 grant toward the $352,283 total cost of the project. Work occurred between August 1935 and April 1937.
(PWA Docket No. TX 5725)
National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 181.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on November 4, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE