Maplewood Swimming Pool, now Library
This large stone building was completed by the WPA in 1938 along with a swimming pool. The pool has since been replaced by a modern pool, but the large bathhouse and attached buildings have been repurposed as the Maplewood Public Library. When it was built, the pool was segregated with this being a white only pool.
Building plaque. Race, Place, and Play Robert Moses and the WPA swimming Pools of New York City, Marta Gutman, p. 552,553.
Project originally submitted by Charles Swaney on April 3, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE