Lyon County Courthouse extensionView from the southwest
Lyon County Courthouse in Yerington, Nevada was constructed in 1912. During the mid-1930s the building received an addition enabled in part by federal Public Works Administration (PWA) funds. “In 1936, the existing west half of the building was added at a cost of $40,000.” (NPS nomination form)
The PWA provided a grant of $18,000 toward the project, whose final cost was $46,006. Construction began in Dec. 1935 and was completed Apr. 1936.
(PWA Docket No. NV 2538.)
National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 204.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on September 11, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE