Luther Cemetery Wall, East Entrance
“Luther Cemetery (also known as Valley View Cemetery), dates back to about 1910. This is a cemetery with 1470 burials. Surrounding the cemetery, on all four sides, is a wall constructed of uncut native stone, topped with concrete.
The wall was constructed under a WPA project funded with $3022 in 1936. The cemetery is located about one-half mile north of Route 66 on Peebly Road.
This WPA project is listed in the Oklahoma Landmark Inventory database.” (waymarking.com)
Project originally submitted by hamquilter on April 19, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE