Ludlow SchoolNational Archives Record Group 135-SAR
The Public Works Administration funded the construction of Ludlow School. The three-story school was built in 1938 and housed grammar and high school grades. The PWA funding was $36,000. The architects of record were A.E. Hudson, A.T. Win and Mr. Quinn. The superintendent was of construction was Arthur D. Wilson. The contractor of record was Casper Ranger. The school was dedicated on November 6, 1938, and was open on September 5, 1939. The enrollment was 454.
Docket No. Vt. 1069-DS.
Today the school serves as the Black River High School.
National Archives Record Group 135-SAR
A History of the Black River High School: (http://www.vhscommunityhistory.org/pages/projects/blackriver/blackriver05.html), accessed February 11, 2018.
Project originally submitted by Brent McKee on February 15, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE