Eagle Pass Public Library website: “According with the Eagle Pass News Guide published on February 27, 1997, at 1927 a group of women, who were studying art, music, literature, decided Eagle Pass should have a public library. On April 15, 1939, with the help of WPA labor, Maverick County erected a small building on Quarry St., housing 7,000 books.”
The exact location of the WPA building and its status are unknown to Living New Deal. The library is now housed at the old post office building at the corner of Main and Monroe Streets.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on February 25, 2021.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE