Several school construction projects in Murray, Utah were undertaken during the New Deal with the help of the Public Works Administration (PWA).
One was at the Liberty Elementary School, turning the basement into three new classrooms and constructing a kitchen and cafeteria. These improvements were completed in Fall 1939.
The school has since been replaced.
PWA Docket No. UT X1200
Centennial History of the Murray City School District, 1906 - 2006 (pg. 27 / .pdf pg. 37).
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on November 27, 2016.
Additional contributions by Richard A Walker.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE
Per aerial imagery, the building appears to have been demolished concurrently with an expansion in the late 1960’s.