Lewiston, Utah Community Building
The federal Public Works Administration (PWA) approved the provision of funds for the construction of a town hall in Lewiston, Utah in 1934. The building, now the Lewiston Community Building, was constructed between Nov. 1934 and Aug. 1935. The PWA supplied a grant of $16,008 for the project, whose final cost was $56,173. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
(PWA Docket No. UT 1281)
National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 209. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewiston,_Utah
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on September 11, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE