Lee School WallThe wall is uncoursed, with the use of some very large rocks. At two or three entrances, there are short rock pillars.
Lee School was a Federal Works Progress Administration (WPA)-built school that was constructed in 1936, with an appropriation of $49,242. The school no longer stands, and all that remains are the concrete sidewalks stamped with the WPA shield, and a roughly made sandstone wall which runs along the south and west sides of the property. A newer elementary school has been built on the east half of the property.
Project originally submitted by hamquilter on June 25, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE