The three-story, brick and cast stone Art Deco courthouse was constructed 1935-36 as Public Works Administration (PWA) Project Miss. 1042. It was remodeled in 1976.
Mississippi Department of Archives and History, Historic Resources Inventory database. Retrieved from http://www.apps.mdah.ms.gov/Public/prop.aspx?view=facts Preziosi, D. (n.d.) Nomination form for Carthage Historic District, National Register of Historic Places. Retrieved from http://www.apps.mdah.ms.gov/Public/district.aspx?view=facts&id=230
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on November 2, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE