North and West oblique of Laurel County Board of EducationPhoto: Ernest Everett Blevins, MFA © All Rights Reserved 3 February 2018
Set back from Main Street (US 25) this building is a former school with a historical marker in front indicating it was the site of the 1826 Laurel Seminary which opened in 1858. Became a Common School 1870-1884, private to 1893, common public school before the original building was replaced with the existing building.
(Historic name undetermined)
Site Visit 3 February 2018.
Project originally submitted by Erenst Everett Blevins on April 21, 2019.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE