Laundry building, City Hospital Complex, St. Louis, MO
This free-standing brick façade laundry facility was completed in 1940 by the Public Works Administration to service the St. Louis City Hospital complex including the City Hospital, Malcolm Bliss Psychopathologic Institute, and clinic. It is a red brick building in the Georgian style and is along the same style as the original City Hospital Building. City Hospital closed its doors in 1985. In 2008 the building was repurposed as a private event space, retaining the building’s original architectural features.
http://www.dnr.mo.gov/shpo/nps-nr/01000036.pdf; http://www.missourilife.com/travel/insanely-raw/; http://www.palladium-stl.com/palHistory.html
Project originally submitted by Charles Swaney on November 18, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE