Lancaster Post Office
The Lancaster post office is a trim, one-story Art Moderne building of a familiar type of the post offices of the New Deal era – but with a distinctive tower at the NE corner. It was built in 1941 by the US Treasury Department, as indicated on the cornerstone. The interior is virtually unchanged over time and includes a striking mural on the west wall.
Project originally submitted by Shaina Potts on March 3, 2010.
Additional contributions by Richard Walker.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE