Lake Tomahawk Ranger StationUsed with permission of the Wisconsin Historical Society.
The Ranger Station was constructed by the WPA in 1935 and is still in good condition:
“This one and a half-story astylistic utilitarian ranger station features a rectangular shaped plan configuration, a concrete foundation, a rock-faced concrete block exterior, wood trim, and an asphalt shingled gable roof with three dormers on the facade. Located within are five garage stalls, two of which are heated and insulated. Concrete comprises the floors on the first story, while maple comprises the floors on the second story. The structure is in good condition. The Lake Tomahawk Ranger Station has functioned as an office, a storage facility of equipment and fire fighting hand tools, and living quarters for the ranger.”
Project originally submitted by Erin TerBeek on November 29, 2012.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE