Lake Cliff Park Picnic Shelter
The site, originally developed in 1906 as an amusement park, was acquired by the City of Dallas in 1914. The park encompasses 44 acres and a large lake. Works Progress Administration (WPA) sponsored improvements included construction of a stone picnic shelter in 1938, roque court, retaining wall, paving, picnic units, a bridge, and extensive landscaping. Perhaps the most visible WPA features are the rose garden and pavilions, constructed 1940-1943. The pavilions and shelter were restored in 2009.
Project originally submitted by Larry Moore on June 29, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE