Bathhouse Entrance DetailPhoto courtesy of Drew Hanson
“One of the later WPA projects [in Milwaukee County] was the construction of the Kosciuszko pool and bathhouse. As one of the parks transferred from the city in 1937, the county set out to update the facilities. Plans for the project were complete in 1939 and approval for funding by the federal government soon followed. Construction for the pool began in 1941. The bathhouse was not completed until 1943.”
Laurie Muench Albano, "Milwaukee County Parks," Arcadia Publishing, 2007.
Project originally submitted by Erin TerBeek on October 17, 2012.
Additional contributions by Drew Hanson, November 4, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE