Kooken School Entrance
“Originally known as “North Side School,” the present brick building was a 1935-1937 WPA project. The school was named after John A. Kooken, a long-time superintendent of the Arlington School District. J. L. Hill was the first principal.” (http://www.arlingtontx.gov)
National Archives, RG 69 Records of the Work Projects Administration, “Information Service (Primary) File, 1936-1942.” http://www.arlingtontx.gov/history/historic_buildings_text.html http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WMEKJN_John_A_Kooken_Elementary_School
Project originally submitted by Brent McKee - wpatoday.org on May 21, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE