Keller Recreation Center Front
The Keller Recreation Center, also referred to as the Rock Gym, was constructed in 1933-34 by the Civil Works Administration. The structure is made of native sandstone and petrified wood, and cost $16,000. It included meeting rooms, locker rooms, two basketball courts, a stage and a fireplace for heat.
The building was given a new purpose when bond issues in 1992 and 1995 included $3.2 million for renovations for the gym and adjoining Keller Elementary School. The campus became the Keller Independent School District Education Center. The building still hosts a variety of district and community events.
(https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/northeast-tarrant/article3870862.html), accessed August 25, 2018.
Project originally submitted by Larry Moore on August 28, 2018.