Karnack High School 1941
The Works Progress Administration built Karnack High School between 1938 and 1940. In 2016, due to low enrollment, high school students began going to nearby Jefferson Independent School District, and the school board moved Kindergarten through 8th grade and the central administration offices to the high school building. The building was renamed George Washington Carver Elementary School.
Karnack High School WPA cornerstone.
Karnack High School WPA plaque.
Project originally submitted by Larry Moore on January 19, 2020.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE