Juanita Jewel Craft Park was originally called Wahoo Park and was purchased by the City of Dallas in1924. A Works Progress Administration (WPA) community building, retaining wall, landscaping, planting, walks and other improvements were executed 1936-38. The park was renamed for civil rights activist, civic leader, and Dallas City Council member Craft in 1974.
Dallas City Hall (http://citysecretary2.dallascityhall.com/archives/Exhibits/NewDealDallas/NewDealimages.html), accessed November 2019.
Plaque on wall next to the entrance.
Project originally submitted by Eveline Evans on November 16, 2019.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE