Pritchett Field Stone BleachersThe WPA built stone bleachers on the west side of Pritchett Field.
Pritchett Field is a historic football stadium at Sam Houston State University. The first football game at Pritchett Field was on October 6, 1912.
The Work Progress Administration constructed stone bleachers on both sides of Pritchett Field in the 1930s. In 1967, the stone bleachers on the east side were removed.
Pritchett field is currently the home field of Sam Houston State women’s soccer.
Joseph Pritchett Field http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=204773675 Sam Houston State University History http://www.shsu.edu/his_rtc/SHSU%20History/Chapter%206.pdf
Project originally submitted by Larry Moore on May 1, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE