Great Basin National Park NV
Lehman Caves National Monument was established in 1922 and put under the jurisdiction of the National Park Service in 1933. The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) arrived in 1934, setting up a camp and going to work on campgrounds, water supply, and more to make the monument welcoming for visitors.
One of their tasks was to construct part of the Johnson Lake Trail.
The monument was incorporated into a new Great Basin National Park in 1986.
Gretchen Baker, Great Basin National Park: A Guide to the Park and Surrounding Area. Utah State University Press, 2012, p 105.
Project originally submitted by Richard A Walker on September 7, 2016.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE