Jermyn school entrance and foundation
The New Deal Public Works Administration (PWA) constructed this school building for the community of Jermyn in 1936 at a cost of $50,000. The project was supervised by W. J. Walker, PWA engineer, and completed by Gurley Construction Company.
The school is no longer extant, though the exact date of demolition is unknown. The entrance doorway and slab foundation remain.
Work on 50 thousand dollar school building for Jermyn started. (7 February 1936). The Olney Enterprise. P. 1; Source: San Antonio Express, January 17, 1936, p. 14. “Dormitory work to start January 24: Other PWA project orders received.”
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on October 27, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE