Albany, NY Federal BuildingNational Archives: Record Group 121-BS: Records of the Public Buildings Service: Completion views of federal buildings (prints) alphabetically by state and thereunder by city, to 1966; Box 59. Scanned and processed by Evan Kalish.
Albany, New York’s historic James T. Foley U.S. Courthouse was constructed with federal Treasury Department funds as the city’s main post office, courthouse, and custom house.
“The architects completed their plans in 1931 and the following year, the government awarded the construction contract to Kenny Brothers, Inc., of New York City. Prominent officials and the public gathered for a cornerstone-laying ceremony on August 18, 1933, and construction was completed in 1934. The building had an exterior bridge connecting the nearby rail station with the post office, which occupied the entire first two floors.” (gsa.gov)
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on January 24, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE