Old Federal Building, under construction
The James O. Eastland federal post office and courthouse was constructed in 1933-34. It is a “five-story, limestone, Art Deco interpretation of a classical building” (www.gsa.gov). A new courthouse recently replaced this one, and the Eastland building is now privately owned.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on April 19, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE